Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Getting Closer!

We're getting closer to the completion of my new sparkly office! We got paint up on the walls, and it is exactly what I had in mind! My drop dead gorgeous wall paper came in, and I found a perfect match for paint at my local Sherwin Williams who also has a lot of great online tools to use if you're painting a room or Airstream or something:) While I was there, I noticed their faux finish section and got all giddy inside when I saw the smooth metallic finish. That's what I had pictured in my mind but wasn't sure I could get it exactly how I wanted it. I'm pretty sure there's only certain colors you're supposed to be able to use with the metallic finishes, but the nice guys that worked there worked with me and tinted the glaze to perfection to match my walls. Thanks, Sherwin Williams guys! Click here to see my color.


Here's my wall color sans sparkle.


Here's a view of what each bed looks like on either side. We're going to do metal panels on those walls. Each bed lifts up so we have plenty of storage!


And here's my cute husband making my office
all shiny and clean! Thanks, Jonny boy!


Now all we have left to do is finish the trim around the sofa and walls, frame up the fridge and microwave, install the shelves in the bathroom, and build a little wall to cover the pipes. That's all we have to do construction wise. Then we put the wallpaper up, choose final fabrics for pillows and sofa cushion, then have them made. My father in law is working on my desk now. He's amazing. I sent him a sketch of what I had in mind, and I'm pretty sure he's building two separate tables for me to choose from. I can't wait to see what he comes up with! I know one will be stainless steel legs with a cedar top. I'm sure it will be wonderful like everything else he builds us. He built us a really nice cedar farm table with benches a while back, and we couldn't love it more. Let me know if you'd like to see photos. He can build you one too!

So, short but sweet post. I get anxious and can't wait for things to be more complete before I post! I'm going to hold off until it's completely finished for the next Airstream update though! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! I am so incredibly jealous of your office! can't wait to see it when it is done!

    ReplyDelete