Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pecan Pie In A Jar


Tis the season for baking & gifting & crafting! Here's a little bit of everything all in one.
When I was out shopping the other day, I came across this Pecan Pie in a Jar at Williams Sonoma. I love this idea, so I decided to create my own version with my own label. I included the labels as jpg's so you can print on sticky paper, stick to your jar & gift to your favorite friend or holiday hostess! Here's what you'll need:

FOR THE JAR MIX:
Medium sized mason jar
1 heaping cup of Pecans
1 cup Dark Corn Syrup
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp pure Vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate chips (if you have a big enough jar. You can put these in a separate tiny jar too if you want to keep them separate. See photo & additional label below).

TO BAKE THE PIE:
1 pre-cooked 9 inch pie shell (I like Sister Schubert's)
3 eggs
1/3 cup melted butter

First, toast the pecans. I toasted my pecans in the toaster oven with a little vanilla sugar & cinnamon for about 4 minutes. Mix the corn syrup, pecans, sugar & vanilla in a mixing bowl. Then pour the mixture in to the jar and BOOM! Christmas gift! Don't forget to add the directions though because it could get messy without the eggs & butter. You could also add a tiny jar of chocolate chips in case someone might like chocolate pecan pie. The first one I made, I added the chips into the jar, which worked fine, but the jar was too big & it looked weird. But, you can also double the recipe & use a really big jar. If you order adhesive paper online instead of an office supply store, you'll save about 20 bucks. Here's a link to some that will do just fine. 







So simple & so delicious. I got this text after I made it the first time! YES! Thanks, Reid!



I hope you enjoy! Email me with any questions, and Happy Thanksgiving!





2 comments:

  1. This is a really cute idea! And now I have a craving for chocolate pecan pie!!

    Madison
    http://atthedogparkblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete