Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Money Savers


Babies are expensive, so I like to try to save a few bucks anywhere I can. So here are a few things I do that I've found to be very helpful:

Sign up for diaper & formula promotions
Yes, you'll probably get  a few unwanted emails, but if you sign up for email & mail lists on sites like PampersSimilac , or Enfamil, you'll constantly get $2-$5 off coupons for diapers, wipes, & formula, and occasionally you'll get a few free samples. I use Similac, & I usually have  a $5 off coupon, & sometimes Target has a promotion where if you buy two containers, you get a $5 gift card. So total cost each ends up being about $18 each. BARGAIN!

Join Costco / Buy in Bulk
If you're a Costco member, the coupons mentioned above won't work here. But Costco sends their own coupons. Usually the diaper coupons are $6 off, so I end up getting a box of 180 diapers for about 30 bucks. Not too shabby. I usually stock up on formula here too. The big size formulas make about 30 8 ounce bottles, so it lasts a little over a week. It's also helpful it is to have a "stock pile" of toilet paper & paper towels. It just makes everything easier to always have household necessities on hand. Another Costco pro is buying meat & cheese in bigger quantities. I always freeze ground turkey & chicken just to have on hand. And a huge wedge of gouda cheese is only about $12. The tiny ones at a regular grocery store are 8 or 9 bucks! No thanks, regular store. I am a Costco member! Mwahahahahahahahahaaaaa! 

Especially if you're as big a Target shopper  as I am. It just links to your normal checking account & works like a debit card, and you'll save 5% on all purchases! In store and online. And when you order online, you get free shipping! That alone is worth it to me. That also makes buying & shipping registry gifts to out of town newly weds & new parents much easier too. Target's shipping is not cheap, so the savings just keep adding up! The only thing that's kind of annoying about it is that the transaction won't show up on your bank statement for a few days. But it doesn't really bother me that bad. Just a little:) To sign up, just take a check with you next time you shop & Target, & they'll get it done for you right at the register. Quick, easy & painless.

These are just a few things I do that I've found are helpful. I'm interested in hearing your ideas too! Happy shopping, everyone!


1 comment: