Thursday, May 3, 2012

Third Bird MOM!

Being a mom is the most wonderful & the absolute hardest thing that's ever happened. But in the 7 months I've been one, I've learned that the greatest help comes from chatting with other moms. As a new mom, I feel like I've had an instant connection with every other new mom I've interacted with. Even though everyone has a different opinion about everything from bottles to sleep methods, the more I have these conversations, the more I learn, & the more I have to work with to figure out what's right for my baby. I guess the most important thing I've learned so far is that everyone and every baby is different. I'm learning to do what's best for us & not beat myself up if some days I don't feel like I'm doing everything by the book…And that's why I'm starting this blog. 


While I'll focus mainly on parenting, baby products, & life as a new parent, I'll also have lots of other things to talk about too. I think it's important to keep our identities as creatives & career driven women even though our lives are completely consumed by our new-found loves. We're not "just moms." We're real live people! We like to have adult conversations too. Even though most of the time we talk in baby. 


"Whaasaa matter? You got a poopy? Somebody got the poopy pants?


I think I chanted the phrase "Hello, Mr. Poopy Pants!" about 800 times today before I realized what was going on. I hope you can relate. And I hope you come back to visit the blog tomorrow & every other day that it's up & running. We're in the beginning stages right now, so stay tuned for design updates and more posts. Feel free to comment on what you might want to read about or if you have any questions.

Thanks for stopping by, & I look forward to sharing my tips, tricks, trials & tribulations & hearing yours too. Cheers to you & your Mr. or Ms. Poopy Pants!



1 comment: