Monday, June 11, 2012

Turkey, Gouda Avocado Omelet


This week I'll be posting a variety of simple recipes for busy moms. Or for anyone who needs to cook a quick meal. Some will be more easy meal ideas than recipes, but I just want to share a few things I like to cook, especially when there's not a lot of time. Or if I'm completely exhausted. Which isn't the most rare thing around here.


So, without further ado, here's my first simple meal of the week



Turkey, Gouda Avocado Omelet

What you'll need:

a good non-stick skillet
olive oil or cooking spray
3-4 eggs or egg whites (I used 2 eggs, 2 egg whites)
salt
pepper
turkey
gouda
avocado
salsa

First, spray the skillet generously with cooking spray or olive oil & turn it on medium high heat. I use this Misto olive oil mister. A smaller skillet works best as it keeps the eggs from spreading too thin.  Then, whisk the eggs in a small bowl & season with salt & pepper. Garlic salt is also delicious. 



Once the skillet seems ready, pour the egg mixture in there & just be patient. 



I let it sit until it starts bubbling & looking cooked from the top. If it looks sturdy, try to flip it over so both sides are cooked all the way. if not, just let it keep cooking.





Then layer with deli turkey & gouda on one side, then fold the other side on top with a spatula.


I topped with avocado, salsa & a little jalapeno tabasco for an extra kick. And if your omelet falls apart, you can always just scramble all the ingredients together for an equally delicious breakfast.



Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment